Invest in Tangier Headlines

Saturday 24 February 2007

Morocco


Morocco.
I think people just like to say the word Morocco. That's why people go to Morocco. So, they can run around talking about how they went to Morocco. Admit it, it's fun to say- just like saying maraca. But, you can't just run around saying "I play the maraccas," to anyone more than once. So, you plan a trip to Morocco.

I for one, admit, that this is one of at least ten reasons I want to go to Morocco. I love saying the word. And if you knew anything about Morocco, like I do, you'd know that it's hot, dirty, overbearing, overwhelming, and not that great of a place to visit. So, what does Morocco do to ensure tourists, even amoung such a wretched landscape? They name all of their cities with equally lovely and/or fun to say/sounding names.

Casablanca, Marrakech, Tangier, Sale', Tan tan and Tiznit, for starters.

You'll be telling your friends, and random strangers for years about Morocco. And Tan tan and Tiznit. And most of all Casablanca. Even though you don't even really like the movie. All because Morocco is fun to say, and you know it.

ma-ROCK-o. Everybody say it! MOROCCO!

I feel much better now.

... and so do I, thank you "A ghost in marble of a girl you knew who would have loved you in a day or two." for that great post, check out her live journal

No comments:

THE VIEW FROM FEZ

The Truth WareHouse